Don't worry, be happy! We understand that every situation is different, and sometimes parts need to be returned. Our industry leading 90 day return policy is to ensure your total satisfaction! (been longer than 90 days? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll see what we can do.)
Please follow the steps below to place a return.
1. Make sure your item(s) are returnable.
We accept returns on brand new, never installed parts within 90 days of receipt. All returns must be undamaged, complete with any included parts/hardware/instructions, in original packaging (or exactly as received), and with all BMW labels/stickers/barcodes etc. attached. Basically, we need to be able to restock, resell, or be able to return the items to BMW.
Non-returnable items (sorry): Vin-coded parts or control units, special tools, painted parts, parts installed onto the vehicle, modified parts, airbags, batteries, HAZMAT items, navigation map updates, literature/manuals, hardware (nuts, bolts, screws, etc.) and Dinan parts.
Restocking fee: No restocking fee on parts we keep in stock! 10% restocking fee on special order parts (although we try to be very lenient on this policy and will try to keep it as low a possible!)
Shipping & handling: Sorry, non-refundable. (unless of course we were in error)
What if I received an order that is damaged or missing parts? Please email us at email@example.com within 48 hours from the time the package is delivered/signed for of any damaged or missing parts. If somone or some place is accepting the package on your behalf, they must notify us within 48 hours of any damaged or missing parts. Please keep all boxes, packing material, etc as we'll likely need it for the damage claim with the shipping courier. We'll work on the quickest resolution possible for you.
2. Obtain an RMA #.
All returns must get approval and RMA # from us prior to sending back. Email Returns@getBMWparts.com for approval and the required RMA #. Please provide your original order # as well as the part #'s and quantities you'd like to return. Write your RMA number in the address as shown in the next step, and include a copy of your original invoice, packing slip, or online order confirmation.
3. Ship back your part(s).
Ship the part(s) back to us at:
BMW of Silver Spring
getBMWparts Returns, RMA # ______
3211 Automobile Blvd.
Silver Spring, MD 20904
We encourage you to retain the tracking # of the return so you can monitor its arrival, and we strongly recommend you insure your return package to its full value to protect against shipping damages. We unfortunately can not accept a return on item(s) damaged or lost in return shipping. It would be your responsibility to file a claim with the shipping courier you used to send back the return. If we made an error and are providing a pre-paid return label, you have 10 days to send back the package. Failure to do so will result in a charge to your credit card for the new shipment(s). Returns can also be dropped off at our retail parts counter, but must include the RMA # and copy of invoice, packing slip or order confirmation. All returns must be in brand new, un-damaged, complete, and never installed condition in the original BMW boxes with all labels - do NOT tape over, cover up, or apply shipping labels over the BMW labels. Please put the manufacturer boxes or bags the parts come in inside a separate shipping box. We do not accept C.O.D. returns.
4. Please allow up to 4 - 6 weeks for us to check in the return and apply the credit. (although it's usually much quicker!) Once back, we will inspect each return and issue the credit (less any applicable restocking fees) to your original payment method. It can take many business days for the actual credit to post to your account depending on your bank. Please monitor your bank statement or PayPal for the credit to post. If we are unable to credit the original card or PayPal, our accounting dept will send a check. Please let us know if your mailing addresses changes.
Important Return Information:
- All returns MUST have an RMA #, all original BMW labels, packing material, and factory BMW box/packaging they came in.
- We do not do exchanges. Please make a new order for the part(s) you need. We’ll process and ship the new order asap, and process the return upon its arrival.
- Please always provide the last 7 of your vin when ordering to help ensure order accuracy, and notify us in the customer comments if purposely ordering incorrect parts for your vehicle to retrofit. (we take no responsibility if you don't notify us that you are purposely ordering parts not specifically for your vehicle and we update the order to the correct factory replacement parts)
- Please email us at getHelp@getBMWparts.com for any questions, or Returns@getbmwparts.com to obtain and RMA #.